1. Schwab CW, Kauder DR: Trauma in the geriatric patient. Arch Surg 127:701, 1992
2. MacKenzie EJ, Morris JA, Edelstein SL: Effect of pre-existing disease on length of hospital stay in trauma patients. J Trauma 29:757, 1989.
3. Morris JA, MacKenzie EJ, Edelstein SL: The effect of pre-existing conditions on mortality in trauma patients. JAMA 263:1942, 1990.
4. Tinetti ME, Speechley M: Prevention of falls among the elderly. N Engl J Med 320:1055, 1989.
5. Li G, Baker SP, Longlois JA, Kelen GD: Are female drivers safer? An application of the decomposition method. Epidemiology 9:379, 1998.
6. Hakamies-Blomqvist LE: Fatal accidents of older drivers. Accidents Anal Prevent 25:19, 1993.
7. Sklar DP, Demarest GB, McFeeley P: Increased pedestrian mortality among the elderly. Am J Emerg Med 7:387, 1989.
8. Scalea TM, Simon HM, Duncan AO, et al: Geriatric blunt trauma: Improved survival with early invasive monitoring. J Trauma 30:129, 1990.
9. Demarest GB, Osler TM, Clevenger FW: Injuries in the elderly: Evaluation and initial response. Geriatrics 45:36, 1990.
10. Kirkpatrick JB, Pearson J: Fatal cerebral injury in the elderly. J Am Geriatr Soc 26:489, 1978.
11. Ryan MD, Henderson JJ: The epidemiology of fractures and fracture-dislocations of the cervical spine. Injury 23:38, 1992.
12. Allen JE, Schwab CW: Blunt chest trauma in the elderly. Am Surg 51:697, 1985.
13. Ma OJ, Mateer JR, Ogata M, et al: Prospective analysis of a rapid trauma ultrasound examination performed by emergency physicians. J Trauma 38:879, 1995.
14. Sartoretti C, Sartoretti-Schefer S, Ruckert R, et al: Comorbid conditions in old patients with femur fractures. J Trauma 43:570, 1997.
15. Ma MH-M, MacKenzie E, Alberta R, Kelen GD: Compliance with pre-hospital protocols for major trauma patients. J Trauma 46:168, 1999.
16. Horst HM, Obeid FN, Sorensen VJ, et al: Factors influencing survival of elderly trauma patients. Crit Care Med 14:681, 1986.
17. Smith DP, Enderson BL, Maull KI: Trauma in the elderly: Determinants of outcome. South Med J 83:171, 1990.
18. van Aalst JA, Morris JA, Yates HK, et al: Severely injured geriatric patients return to independent living: A study of factors influencing function and independence. J Trauma 31:1096, 1991.
19. Osler T, Hales K, Baack B, et al: Trauma in the elderly. Am J Surg 156:537, 1988.
20. Oreskovich MR, Howard JD, Copass MK, et al: Geriatric trauma: Injury patterns and outcome. J Trauma 24:565, 1984.
21. DeMaria EJ, Kenney PR, Merriam MA, et al: Survival after trauma in geriatric patients. Ann Surg 206:738, 1987.
22. DeMaria EJ, Kenney PR, Merriam MA, et al: Aggressive trauma care benefits the elderly. J Trauma 27:1200, 1987.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.