1. Rubinstein JS: Initial management of coma and altered consciousness in the pediatric patient. Pediatr Rev 15:204, 1994.
2. Singer JI, Vest J, Prints A: Occult bacteremia and septicemia in the febrile child younger than two years. Emerg Med Clin North Am 13:381, 1995.
3. Plum F, Posner JB: The Diagnosis of Stupor and Coma, 4th ed. Philadelphia, Davis, 1984.
4. Cantor RM: The unconscious child: Emergency evaluation and management. Int Pediatr 4:9, 1989.
5. Alguire PC: Rapid evaluation of comatose patients. Postgrad Med 87:223, 1990.
6. James HC: Emergency management of acute coma in children. Am Fam Physician 48:473, 1993.
7. Roth KS: Inborn errors of metabolism: The essentials of clinical diagnosis. Clin Pediatr 30:183, 1991.
8. Yager JY: Coma scales in pediatric practice. Am J Dis Child 144:1088, 1990.
9. Tatman A: Development of a modified pediatric coma scale in intensive clinical practice. Arch Dis Child 77:519, 1997.
10. Singer JI: Altered consciousness as an early manifestation of intussusception. Pediatrics 64:93, 1979.
11. Talan DA: Infectious disease issues in the emergency department. Clin Infect Dis 23:1, 1996.
12. Harrington L, Connolly B, Hu X: Ultrasonographic and clinical predictors of intussusception. J Pediatr 132:836, 1998.
13. Quayle KS, Jaffe DM, Kuppermann N, et al: Diagnostic testing for acute head injury in children: When are head computed tomography and skull radiography indicated? Pediatrics 99:726, 1997.
14. Luber SD: Acute hypoglycemia masquerading as head trauma: A report of four cases. Am J Emerg Med 14:543, 1996.
15. Hoffman RS, Goldfrank LR: The poisoned patient with altered consciousness: Controversies in the use of a "coma cocktail." JAMA 274:562, 1995.
16. Perry HE: Diagnosis and management of opioid- and benzodiazepine-induced comatose overdose in children. Curr Opin Pediatr 8:243, 1996.
17. Sugarman JM, Paul R: Flumazenil: A review. Pediatr Emerg Care 10:37, 1994.
Was this article helpful?
Awesome Ways To Get Over Your Mentality That Keeps you Overweight! This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To Results In Your Slim-down and Health Efforts! Day in day out we keep ourselves absorbed with those matters that matter the most to us. A lot of times, it might be just to survive and bring in some money. In doing so we at times disregard or forget about the extra matters that are essential to balance our lives. They’re even more essential to supply real meaning to our world. You have to pay attention to your wellness.