1. Alpert JS, Becker RC: Cardiogenic shock: Elements of etiology, diagnosis and therapy. Clin Cardiol 16:182, 1993.
2. Barry WI, Sarembock IJ: Cardiogenic shock: Therapy and prevention. Clin Cardiol 21:72, 1998.
3. Califf RM, Bengtson JR: Cardiogenic shock. N Engl J Med 330:1724, 1994.
4. Grella RD, Becker RC: Cardiogenic shock complicating coronary artery disease: Diagnosis, treatment, and management. Curr Probl Cardiol 19:693, 1994.
5. Moscucci M, Bates ER: Cardiogenic shock. Cardiol Clin 13:391, 1995.
6. Rodgers KG: Cardiovascular shock. Emerg Med Clinics North Am 13:793, 1995.
7. Peterson ED, Shaw LJ, Califf RM: Risk stratification after myocardial infarction. Ann Intern Med 126:561, 1997.
8. Ander DS, Jaggi M, Rivers E, et al: Undetected cardiogenic shock in patients with congestive heart failure presenting to the emergency department. Am J Cardiol 82:888, 1998.
9. Pang D, Keenan SP, Cook DJ, Sibbald WJ: The effect of positive pressure airway support on mortality and the need for intubation in cardiogenic pulmonary edema: A systematic review. Chest 114:1185, 1998.
10. Chernow B: New advances in the pharmacologic approach to circulatory shock. J Clin Anesth 8:67S, 1996.
11. McGhie AI, Goldstein RA: Pathogenesis and management of acute heart failure and cardiogenic shock: Role of inotropic therapy. Chest 102(suppl 2):671S, 1992.
12. Anderson RD, Ohman EM, Holmes DR, et al: Use of intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation in patients presenting with cardiogenic shock: Observations from the GUSTO-1 study. J Am Coll Cardiol 30:708, 1997.
13. Webb JG: Interventional management of cardiogenic shock. Can J Cardiol 14:233, 1998.
14. Berger PB, Holmes DR, Stebbins AL, et al: Impact of aggressive invasive catheterization and revascularization strategy on mortality in patients with cardiogenic shock in the Global Utilization of Streptokinase and Tissue Plasminogen Activator for Occluded Coronary Arteries (GUSTO-1) trial: An observational study. Circulation 96:122, 1997.
Was this article helpful?