1. American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed, rev. Washington, DC, 1994.
2. Kaplan HI, Sadock BJ (eds): Conversion disorder, in Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, vol 1, 6th ed. Baltimore, Williams and Wilkins, 1995, pp 1252-1255.
3. Binzer M, Andersen PM, Kullgren G: Clinical characteristics of patients with motor disability due to conversion disorder: A prospective control group study. J. Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 63:83, 1997.
4. Dula DJ, DeNaples L: Emergency department presentation of patients with conversion disorder. Acad Emerg Med 2:120, 1995.
5. Lazare A: Conversion symptoms. N Engl J Med 305:745, 1981.
6. Purcell TB: The somatic patient. Emerg Clin North Am 9:137, 1991.
7. Dubovsky SL, Weissberg MP (eds): Hypochondriasis, in Clinical Psychiatry in Primary Care, 3d ed. Baltimore, Williams and Wilkins, 1986, pp 1-22.
8. Fackler SM, Anfinson TJ, Rand JA: Serial sodium Amytal interviews in the clinical setting. Psychosomatics 38:558, 1997.
9. Silver FW: Management of conversion disorder. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 75:134, 1996. 10. Hafeiz HV: Hysterical conversion: A prognostic study. Br J Psychiatry 136:548, 1980.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.