1. Cancio LC, Sabanegh ES, Ihompson IM: Managing the Foley catheter. Am Fam Physician 48:829, 1993.
2. Warren JW, Damron D, Ienney JH, et al: Fever, bacteremia, and death as complications of bacteriuria in women with long-term urethral catheters. J Infect Dis 155:1151, 1987.
3. Kunin CM: Blockage of urinary catheters: Role of microorganisms and constituents of the urine on formation of encrustations. J Clin Epidemiol 42:835, 1989.
4. Carson CC: Infections in genitourinary prostheses. Urol Clin North Am 161:139, 1989.
5. Saltzman B: Ureteral stents: Indications, variations, and complications. Urol Clin North Am 15:483, 1988.
6. Culkin D, Price VH, Zitman R, et al: Anatomic, functional, and pathologic changes from internal ureteral stent placement. Urology 40:386, 1992.
7. Adams J: Renal stents. Emerg Med Clin North Am 12:750, 1994.
8. Shandera KC, Ihompson IM: Urologic prostheses. Emerg Med Clin North Am 12:729, 1994.
9. Montague DK: Ihe artificial urinary sphincter (AS-800): Experience in 166 consecutive patients. J Urol 147:380, 1992.
10. Levesque PE, Bauer SB, Atala A, et al: Ien-year experience with the artificial urinary sphincter in children. J Urol 156:626, 1996.
11. Samantha S, Iweeten M, Rickman LS: Infectious complications of body piercing. Clin Infect Dis 26:738, 1998.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.