1. Langley RL, Morrow WE: Deaths resulting from animal attacks in the United States. Wild Environ Med 8:8, 1997.
2. Klauber LM: Rattlesnakes: Their Habits, Life, Histories and Influence on Mankind, vol 2, 2d ed. San Diego, CA: University of California Press, Zoological Society of San Diego, 1972.
3. Russell FE: Snake Venom Poisoning, 3d ed. Great Neck, NY: Scholium International, 1983.
4. Burgess JL, Dart RC, Egen NB, Mayersohn M: The effects of constriction bands on rattlesnake venom absorption: A pharmacokinetic study. Ann Emerg Med 21:1086, 1992.
5. Dart RC, Stark Y, Fulton B, et al: Insufficient stocking of poisoning antidotes in hospital emergency departments. JAMA 276:1508, 1996.
6. Clark RF, Selden BS, Furbee B: The incidence of wound infection following crotalid envenomation. J Emerg Med 11:583, 1993.
7. Kitchens CS, Van Mierop LHS: Envenomation by the eastern coral snake (Micrurus fulvius fulvius): A study of 39 victims. JAMA 258:1615, 1987.
8. Sutherland SK, Leonard RL: Snakebite deaths in Australia 1992-1994 and a management update. Med J Aust 163:616, 1995.
9. White J: CSL Antivenom Handbook. Melbourne: CSL Ltd, 1995.
10. Acott CJ: Acute renal failure after envenomation by the common brown snake. Med J Aust 149:709, 1988.
11. Sutherland SK: Deaths from snake bite in Australia, 1981-1991. Med J Aust 157:740, 1992.
12. Sutherland SK, Coulter AR, Harris RD: Rationalisation of first-aid measures for elapid snake bite. Lancet 1:183, 1979.
13. Howath DM, Southee AE, Whyte IM: Lymphatic flow rates and first-aid in simulated peripheral snake or spider envenomation. Med J Aust 161:695, 1994.
14. Corrigan P, Russell FE, Wainschel J: Clinical reactions to antivenene. Toxicon 16(suppl 1):457, 1978.
15. Tibballs J: Premedication for snake antivenom. Med J Aust 160:4, 1994.
Was this article helpful?
Have you recently experienced hearing loss? Most probably you need hearing aids, but don't know much about them. To learn everything you need to know about hearing aids, read the eBook, Hearing Aids Inside Out. The book comprises 113 pages of excellent content utterly free of technical jargon, written in simple language, and in a flowing style that can easily be read and understood by all.