1. Litovitz TL, Klein-Schwartz W, Dyer KS, et al: Annual report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers Toxic Exposure Surveillance System. Am J Emerg Med 16:443, 1998.
2. Saadeh AM, Al-Ali MK, Farsakh NA: Clinical and sociodemographic features of acute carbamate and organophosphate poisoning: A study of 70 adult patients in North Jordan. Clin Toxicol 34:45, 1996.
3. Okumura T, Takasu N, Ishimatsu S, et al: Report of 640 victims of the Tokyo subway Sarin attack. Ann Emerg Med 28:129, 1996.
4. Deschamps D, Questel F, Baud FJ, et al: Persistent asthma after acute inhalation of organophosphate insecticide. Lancet 344:1712, 1994.
5. Agarwal SB: A clinical, biochemical, neurobehavioral, and sociopsychological study of 190 patients admitted to hospital as a result of acute organophosphorus poisoning. Environ Res 62:63, 1993.
6. Senanayake N, Karalliedde L: Neurotoxic effects of organophosphorus insecticides: An intermediate syndrome. N Engl J Med 316:761, 1987.
7. Steenland K, Jenkins B, Ames RG, et al: Chronic neurological sequela to organophosphate pesticide poisoning. Am J Public Health 84:731, 1994.
8. Nouira S, Abroug F, Elatrous S, et al: Prognostic value of serum cholinesterase in acute organophosphate poisoning. Chest 106:1811, 1994.
9. Chuang FR, Jang SW, Lin JL, et al: QTc prolongation indicates a poor prognosis in patients with organophosphate poisoning. Am J Emerg Med 14:451, 1996.
10. Beards SC, Kraus P, Lipman J: Paralytic ileus as a complication of atropine therapy following severe organophosphate poisoning. Anaesthesia 49:791, 1994.
11. Grob D, Johns RJ: Use of oximes in the treatment of intoxication by anticholinesterase compounds in normal subjects. Am J Med 24:497, 1958.
12. Merril DG, Mihn FG: Prolonged toxicity of organophosphate poisoning. Crit Care Med 10:550, 1982.
13. Lifshitz M, Rotenberg M, Sofer S, et al: Carbamate poisoning and oxime treatment in children: A clinical and laboratory study. Pediatrics 93:652, 1994.
14. Mercurio-Zuppala M, Hack J, Salvador A, Hoffman RS: Carbaryl poisoning: Two PAM or not two-PAM. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 5:428, 1998.
15. Kilburn KH, Thornton JC: Protracted neurotoxicity from chlordane sprayed to kill termites. Environ Health Perspect 103:691, 1995.
16. Suskind RR, Hertzberg VS: Human health effects of 2,4,5-T and its toxic contaminants. JAMA 251:2372, 1984.
17. Onyon LJ, Volans GN: The epidemiology and prevention of paraquat poisoning. Hum Toxicol 6:19, 1987.
18. Hart TB, Nevitt A, Whitehead A: A new statistical approach to the prognostic significance of plasma paraquat concentrations. Lancet 2:1222, 1984.
19. Proudfoot AT, Stewart MS, Levitt T, et al: Paraquat poisoning: Significance of plasma paraquat concentrations. Lancet 2:330, 1979.
20. Scherrmann JM, Houze P, Bismuth C, Bourdon R: Prognostic value of plasma and urine paraquat concentrations. Hum Toxicol 6:91, 1987.
21. Bismuth C, Garnier R, Dally S, et al: Prognosis and treatment of paraquat poisoning: A review of 28 cases. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 19:46, 1982.
22. Vale JA, Meredith TJ, Buckley BM: Paraquat poisoning: Clinical features and immediate general management. Hum Toxicol 6:41, 1987.
23. Bismuth C, Baud FJ, Barnier R, et al: Paraquat poisoning: Biological presentation. J Toxicol Clin Exp 8:211, 1988.
24. Smolinske SC, Scherger DL, Kearns PC, et al: Superwarfarin poisoning in children: A prospective study. Pediatrics 84:490, 1989.
25. Chi CH, Chen KW, Chan SH, et al: Clinical presentation and prognostic factors in sodium monofluoroacetate intoxication. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 34:707, 1996.
26. Freedman MD: Oral anticoagulants: Pharmacodynamics, clinical indications, and adverse effects. J Clin Pharmacol 32:196, 1992.
27. Lipton RA, Klass EM: Human ingestion of "superwarfarin" rodenticide resulting in prolonged anticoagulant effect. JAMA 252:3004, 1988.
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From ASTHMA Chronic asthma is a paralyzing, suffocating and socially isolating condition that can cause anxiety that can trigger even more attacks. Before you know it you are caught in a vicious cycle Put an end to the dependence on inhalers, buying expensive prescription drugs and avoidance of allergenic situations and animals. Get control of your life again and Deal With Asthma Naturally