Gregory P. Moore Kenneth C. Jackimczyk
Clinical.Features Differential. Diagnosis Treatment, ..an.d...P.rognosis
For a diagnosis of conversion disorder to be made, the following five criteria must be met:1
1. A symptom is expressed in which there is a change or loss of physical function suggesting a physical disorder.
2. The patient has experienced a recent psychological stressor or conflict.
3. The patient unconsciously produces the symptom.
4. The symptom cannot be explained by a known organic etiology or culturally sanctioned response pattern.
5. The symptom is not limited to pain or sexual dysfunction.
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...