1. Clindamycin (Cleocin) 300 mg PO qid [B]
2. Erythromycin 500 mg PO qid [B, except estolate contraindicated]
3. Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid (Augmentin) 875/125 mg PO bid OR 500/125 mg PO tid [B]
Course: 7-10 days Organisms: oral flora
2. Cefotaxime (Claforan) 50 mg/kg IV q8h [B]
3. Ceftriaxone (Rocephin) 50 mg/kg IV qd [B]
Organisms: H. influenzae, S. pyogenes, S. pneumoniae, S. aureus
Organisms: group A Strep, H. influenzae Ludwig's Angina
Note: Requires admission to the hospital, usually to the ICU, for airway monitoring and management.
Regimen A (Note two drug therapy)
Penicillin G 4 million units IV q4h [B]
(Administer over 1 h. Rapid infusion may cause seizures.)
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...