(Note two drug therapy)
1. Clindamycin 300-450 mg PO qid [B] PLUS (for Eikenella coverage)
1. Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 500 mg PO bid [C]
2. TMP/SMX DS (Septra DS, Bactrim DS) 1 tablet PO bid [C; D in 3rd trimester] Course: 7-10 days
Organisms: S. viridans, Eikenella corrodens, Staph sp., Corynebacterium, anaerobes (Peptostreptococcus, Bacteroides)
D. BITES (HUMAN, DOG, AND CAT)—INPATIENT THERAPY
1. Ampicillin/sulbactam (Unasyn) 1.5 g IV q6h [B]
3. Ticarcillin/clavulanate (Timentin) 3.1 g IV q6h [B]
4. Piperacillin/tazobactam (Zosyn) 3.375 g IV q6h [B]
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.