(Note two drug therapy)
1. Clindamycin 300-450 mg PO qid [B] PLUS (for Eikenella coverage)
1. Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 500 mg PO bid [C]
2. TMP/SMX DS (Septra DS, Bactrim DS) 1 tablet PO bid [C; D in 3rd trimester] Course: 7-10 days
Organisms: S. viridans, Eikenella corrodens, Staph sp., Corynebacterium, anaerobes (Peptostreptococcus, Bacteroides)
D. BITES (HUMAN, DOG, AND CAT)—INPATIENT THERAPY
1. Ampicillin/sulbactam (Unasyn) 1.5 g IV q6h [B]
3. Ticarcillin/clavulanate (Timentin) 3.1 g IV q6h [B]
4. Piperacillin/tazobactam (Zosyn) 3.375 g IV q6h [B]
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.