1. Lindane (Kwell) is cheaper but less effective and potentially toxic (seizures, aplastic anemia).
2. Lindane is not recommended in patients with extensive dermatitis, children under 2 years old or in pregnant/lactating women; it should not be applied following a bath.
3. Bedding and clothing should be washed and dried using heat cycle or removed from body contact for at least 72 h.
4. Sexual partners and other close contacts should also be treated.
Wash hair, apply as a liquid and leave on for 10 min, wash off, and comb. Re-treat in 1 week. Also available OTC as Permethrin 1% creme rinse (Nix). Dispense 60 mL
2. Pyrethrins with piperonyl butoxide (RID) [C] Apply as for permethrin cream, above Dispense 60 mL
Apply to hair for 4 min, wash off (see Notes, below) Dispense 1-2 ounces
4. Ivermectin (Stromectol) 200 Mg/kg PO single dose (adults or pediatrics) [C]
Organism: Pediculosis humanus capitus, Phthirus pubis Pinworms
1. Mebendazole (Vermox) 100 mg PO single dose; repeat dose in 2 weeks [C]
2. Pyrantel pamoate (Antiminth, Pin-X) 11 mg/kg PO single dose (max 1 g); repeat every 2 weeks * 2 [not recommended in pregnancy]
3. Albendazole (Albenza) 400 mg PO single dose; repeat dose in 2 weeks [C]
Organism: Enterobius vermicularis
Was this article helpful?
Awesome Ways To Get Over Your Mentality That Keeps you Overweight! This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To Results In Your Slim-down and Health Efforts! Day in day out we keep ourselves absorbed with those matters that matter the most to us. A lot of times, it might be just to survive and bring in some money. In doing so we at times disregard or forget about the extra matters that are essential to balance our lives. They’re even more essential to supply real meaning to our world. You have to pay attention to your wellness.