1. Azithromycin (Zithromax) 2 g PO single dose is considered effective for N. gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia, but GI discomfort is common.
2. May consider prophylaxis for T. vaginalis with metronidazole (Flagyl) 2 g PO single dose [B, contraindicated 1st trimester]
3. Recommend initial testing for GC, Chlamydia, HIV, syphilis, and pregnancy.
4. Ofloxacin (Floxin) and ciprofloxacin (Cipro) do not have activity against incubating syphilis.
1. Ceftriaxone (Rocephin) 125 mg IM single dose [B]
2. Cefotaxime (Claforan) 500 mg IM single dose [B]
3. Cefixime (Suprax) 400 mg PO single dose [B] (not for pharyngeal infection)
4. Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 500 mg PO single dose [C]
5. Ofloxacin (Floxin) 400 mg PO single dose [C]
6. Spectinomycin (Trobicin) 2 g IM single dose [B] PLUS (for Chlamydia coverage)
1. Azithromycin (Zithromax) 1 g PO single dose [B] OR
2. Doxycycline (Vibramycin) 100 mg PO bid for 7 days [D]
Was this article helpful?
Awesome Ways To Get Over Your Mentality That Keeps you Overweight! This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To Results In Your Slim-down and Health Efforts! Day in day out we keep ourselves absorbed with those matters that matter the most to us. A lot of times, it might be just to survive and bring in some money. In doing so we at times disregard or forget about the extra matters that are essential to balance our lives. They’re even more essential to supply real meaning to our world. You have to pay attention to your wellness.