Treatment

General treatment for toxic mushroom ingestion includes GI decontamination. Activated charcoal (0.5 to 1.0 g/kg orally or via nasogastric tube) is indicated for all ingestions unless toxic species can be ruled out. Treatment for ingestion of GI irritants is largely supportive, including IV fluid and electrolyte replacement when necessary. Judicious use of antiemetics is probably justified, but antidiarrheal agents are best withheld, because they may prolong the exposure to the toxin.

In most cases, the illness is self-limited, with symptoms resolving within 12 to 24 h. Rarely, symptoms may persist and hospitalization may be indicated for fluid and electrolyte replacement.

Hearing Aids Inside Out

Hearing Aids Inside Out

Have you recently experienced hearing loss? Most probably you need hearing aids, but don't know much about them. To learn everything you need to know about hearing aids, read the eBook, Hearing Aids Inside Out. The book comprises 113 pages of excellent content utterly free of technical jargon, written in simple language, and in a flowing style that can easily be read and understood by all.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment