• May take on empty stomach or with meals.
• May cause rash, nausea, or vomiting.
• May cause acute hemolytic anemia in patients with G6PD deficiency.
• Blood dyscrasias (e.g., thrombocytopenia, megaloblastic anemia, neutropenia) are dose-related.
• TMP/SMX is pregnancy category C in trimesters 1 and 2, and category D in 3rd trimester. Trimethoprim interferes with folic acid metabolism and therefore should be used in the 1st and 2nd trimesters only if the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk. TMP/SMX is contraindicated in the 3rd trimester because it can cause kernicterus.
• Increases phenytoin levels.
Was this article helpful?
Awesome Ways To Get Over Your Mentality That Keeps you Overweight! This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To Results In Your Slim-down and Health Efforts! Day in day out we keep ourselves absorbed with those matters that matter the most to us. A lot of times, it might be just to survive and bring in some money. In doing so we at times disregard or forget about the extra matters that are essential to balance our lives. They’re even more essential to supply real meaning to our world. You have to pay attention to your wellness.