• MicroSort is still an emerging technology and participating in FDA clinical trials. Thus only limited information is available on pregnancy rates, risks, and outcomes.
• You must meet strict guidelines to qualify for the MicroSort program at this time.
• Only two MicroSort clinical facilities exist in the United States. Because of limited capacity, there is a waiting list (usually several months) for services.
• While MicroSort increases your odds for the desired gender, it is not guaranteed.
• This procedure is expensive and not covered by insurance.
Was this article helpful?