What Are The Success Rates And Outcomes Associated With Gonadotropins

Pregnancy Miracle

Pregnancy Miracle Program

Get Instant Access

A medical study published in Fertility Sterility during 1999 and conducted by a university in Turkey showed that more than 80 percent of women who take gonado-

tropins will ovulate. It is also known that somewhere between 15 and 50 percent of women who take gonadotropins will actually become pregnant.

When gonadotropins are combined with intrauterine insemination, women with unexplained infertility who are age 36 or younger experience a pregnancy rate of between 5 and 15 percent per cycle. The pregnancy rate drops for older women, and in fact, by age 40, the pregnancy rates with this form of treatment are quite low. (In such a case, an assisted reproductive technology such as IVF may be considered.) As with all fertility medication, there exists an increased chance for multiple pregnancies, which occur in approximately 20 percent of those women taking gonadotropins. Of those multiple gestation pregnancies, about 75 percent are twins and the remaining 25 percent are triplets or higher-order multiples.

Was this article helpful?

0 0
100 Pregnancy Tips

100 Pregnancy Tips

Prior to planning pregnancy, you should learn more about the things involved in getting pregnant. It involves carrying a baby inside you for nine months, caring for a child for a number of years, and many more. Consider these things, so that you can properly assess if you are ready for pregnancy. Get all these very important tips about pregnancy that you need to know.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment