IVF is more effective than natural intercourse because of the following:
• Fertility medications are used to produce more eggs than would develop naturally.
• Instead of your having to wait for the eggs to ovulate naturally, with IVF the eggs are retrieved manually by your doctor.
• IVF bypasses the fallopian tubes because the eggs are retrieved directly from the ovaries and transferred directly into the uterus.
• Sperm are specially prepared in the laboratory so they can avoid the many hurdles that sperm encounter in a natural setting, such as cervical mucus and long difficult swims.
• Most IVF programs transfer several fertilized eggs back into your uterus to improve the chances of a successful pregnancy outcome.
Was this article helpful?
Are You Expecting? Find Out Everything You Need to Know About Pregnancy and Nutrition Without Having to Buy a Dictionary. This book is among the first books to be written with the expertise of a medical expert and from the viewpoint of the average, everyday, ordinary,