1. FAO, Agriculture Production Statistics, 1974-1993, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 1995.
2. R. R. Stickney, Principles of Aquaculture, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1994.
3. FAO, Aquaculture Production Statistics 1986-1995, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Circular 815, Rev. 9, Rome (1997).
4. Aquaculture Buyer's Guide '95 and Industry Directory, Vol. 8, 1995, Aquaculture Magazine, Asheville, N. Car.
5. R. R. Stickney, Aquaculture in the United States: A Historical Review, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1996.
6. A. Tacon, International AquaFeed 2, 13-16 (1998).
7. Anonymous, Aquaculture News 6, 1, 12(1998).
8. R. G. Piper, I. B. McElwain, L. E. Orme, J. P. McCraren, L. G. Fowler, and J. R. Leonard, Fish Hatchery Management, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Washington, D.C. 1982.
9. C. E. Boyd, Water Quality in Ponds for Aquaculture, Alabama Agricultural Experiment State, Auburn University, 1990.
10. J. Huegenin and J. Colt, Design and Operating Guide for Aquaculture Seawater Systems, Elsevier, New York, 1989.
11. National Research Council, Nutrient Requirements of Fish, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1993.
12. A. Tacon, International Aquafeed Directory and Buyers' Guide 1997/98 (1998).
13. F. P. Meyer and R. A. Schnick, "A Review of Chemicals Used for the Control of Fish Diseases," Rev. Aquatic Sci. 1, 693 (1989).
14. C. E. Boyd, Bottom Soils, Sediment, and Pond Aquaculture, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1995.
Robert R. Stickney Texas Sea Grant College Program Bryan, Texas
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.